[CentOS] reinstall perl packages in Centos5

Wed Apr 16 14:31:13 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

 wrote on Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:50:11 -0500:

> How can I Reinstall all perl packages using yum in CentOS5?

Did this problem happen after MailScanner installation or before?
Unfortunately, MailScanner forces the installation of a lot of Perl
packages, even if they already exist or there are ones from CentOS or
other repo's.
I suggest installing all required perl packages via yum and *not* install
MailScanner with the provided install script. I always just install the
single MailScanner rpm that gets provided in the "rpm.tar.gz" file for Red
Hat. That helps to avoid this. There's almost no package in that tarballs
that cannot be instaleld via centos or rpmforge repos.
As for reinstalling all the packages, "rpm -qa|grep perl" will give you a
list of the installed packages. I'm not sure what the best way would be to
remove or reinstall them as there might be a lot of dependencies.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany