[CentOS] Centosplus kernel does not have framebuffer support?

Thu Apr 17 14:11:38 UTC 2008
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

On Apr 16, 2008, at 19:21, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> You have another choice here if you would rather not wait for the next
> update of the centosplus kernel.  The standard kernel with the same
> NFS bug fix is available from:
>
> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/
>
> I have just checked the kernels in there; they do have the framebuffer
> support enabled.

But what is the best way to include all the appropriate kernel RPMs
from that location in an automated kickstart build?  I mirror my own
repo, so I guess I could do what I want, but this is how I currently
get the centosplus kernel from a script called in the kickstart %post
section:

     yum --enablerepo centosplus -y update

Voila, I get all the latest updates as well as the centosplus kernel.

Alfred