[CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on HP DL140 G3

Thu Apr 17 15:52:32 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 17:31 +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:58:42 +0100:
>
> > Is there really no clear information on the anaconda screen that
> > indicates its looking for a SOURCE to install from rather than a TARGET
> > to install to ?
>
> In hindsight I know what it means but at the time of the encounter I
> didn't realize that. As I didn't have anything else in mind than an
> installation over network (I must have picked the only kickstart file that
> doesn't use network installation, I wasn't aware that I had any) I was
> wondering "what the heck does it mean with that?".
> The anaconda message that pops up says:
>
> "unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type.
> Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver disk?"

I have just put 2 + 2 together in figuring out you are the same one that
was asking about the kickstart configuration a few days back on how to
configure it. I had no idea that these two problems were related. I
indeed thought they were separate problems.

So the whole time it pas pulling the wrong kickstart file?

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079