[CentOS] howto use kvm-amd on centos 5.1

Fri Apr 18 14:59:07 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to use kvm-amd on centos 5.1?
>
>  I dont want to mess with XEN. I want the hardware virtualization that is on
> my AMD chip.
>
>  I played with putting 2.6.24 and centos 5.1 on my AMD laptop, got kvm-amd
> and that works. However
>  I want to put this on my desktop that is running 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5. Is
> there a way or do I just
>  wave to use 2.6.24 or 25.

First, this may be best discussed in the CentOS-Virt mailing list.

If you are willing to *test* it, the kvm rpm is available for CentOS 5
in the testing repo (testers are always welcome). :-)  Install kvm and
kmod-kvm from testing.  The only "problem" is that the kmod -kvm is
not up-to-date.  It is for kernel 2.6.18-8.1.14.  I suppose Daniel can
build it for the current kernel which you have.

Akemi

Akemi