[CentOS] New firewall, need mac changed

Sat Apr 19 19:53:38 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

>Modify /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX and remove the HWADDR
>line if you have one, and add a MACADDR with the mac address you want
>to use.
>
>Beware, some network cards may protest having the mac address changed,
>and using both HWADDR and MACADDR can cause issues. See
>/usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt for details.

Jim,
I appreciate the confirmation, that was the method I was going to use. I am only unsure about what *could* happen with the HWADDR in there, can eth{n} now maybe bind to a different nic under some circumstance?

How can I always force the nic in question to use this script?

Thank you!
jlc