[CentOS] vectoring IRC / Jabber logins to AD?

Tue Apr 22 02:04:40 UTC 2008
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Rogelio <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance (I just got crap on the #centos IRC channel for this
> question), but is there a (easy!) way to have and IRC and/or Jabber server
> relay a login to a Microsoft Active Directory server for authentication?
>
> If there's a better question to ask this question, please point me in that
> direction, and I'll be happy to do so

Since Active Directory is mostly ldap, you can vary your search by
looking for ldap based authentication for jabber.

This will point you to
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/10/06/jabberd.html?page=1

You might also have a look at the ejabberd website and check there for
ldap/AD authentication info. See http://www.ejabberd.im/forum/7

The #centos channel is mostly for supporting the software shipped by
centos, and/or installation problems. Questions of your sort will have
a varied response based on channel mood, which is a bit bipolar to say
the least.

George Orwell