[CentOS] TCP/IP Port Relay

Thu Apr 24 16:34:55 UTC 2008
Frank M. Ramaekers <FRamaekers at ailife.com>

As was implied before, both interfaces are connected internally (IntrA-net) and before I try the relay with VPN, I'm testing it on another internal computer (just to eliminate any VPN potential problems).

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer                   MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Co.   Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr.                Fax:   (254)741-5777
Waco, Texas  76710

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Vahur Jõesalu
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:28 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] TCP/IP Port Relay

well you can't - to the best of my knowledge. And I cannot see the
reason for wanting it. The idea of using -i and -o in FORWARD chain is
to specify the direction traffic is allowed to go. It could be that
firewall is blocking all outgoing traffic. Omitting -i and -o would
allow the internal server to initiate traffic to port 23 anywhere in the
internet.

Virtual interface is for assigning additional IP-s to same interface, so
   any rules regarding interface still apply to the whole of physical
network card.

-vahur