[CentOS] Slightly OT: Extra icons on desktop

Tue Apr 29 18:34:13 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:11 AM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 16:03 -0700, MHR wrote:
>  >
>  > Must be something like that - if I su and umount it, both icons go
>  > away.  Then I 'mount -a' and only one comes back.  But if I log out
>  > and log back in, they both come back.  Must a new "feature" of gnome
>  > 2.20.0....
>
>  If *I* know about it, it *can't* be a *new* feature!  ;-)

Heh, heh - I meant "feature" as in the infamous Bill Gates interview
with the German technology magazine, wherein he claimed that Windows
has no bugs, only features that people do not understand.  (You can't
make this stuff up....)

The most interesting part to me is that the disk in question is a
fixed drive in the case.  On my CentOS boxes and laptops, these NEVER
show up on the desktop (why would they?), only the removable media.

Thanks, including for the chuckle.

mhr