[CentOS] Re: sendmail aliases

Wed Apr 2 21:11:26 UTC 2008
John Plemons <john at mavin.com>

Having used and configured both Send mail and Postfix, sendmail was and
had it's issues. I found it much easier to work with on Open Relays for
example, the draw back with Sendmail and Postfix may be along the lines
of Windows and a Mac, there are bunches of Windows machines in the world
so every little hacker writes viruses for them.  There are very few Mac
Viruses...

I'm sure there are more people writing hacks and cracks to break into
sendmail more so than Postfix, so in the scheme of things Postfix may
just be a better choice.  Like Mozilla over IE...   Thunderbird over
Outlook....

Not a flame, just a thought....

john plemons