[CentOS] Centosplus kernel does not have framebuffer support?

Thu Apr 17 17:41:29 UTC 2008
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:34, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> If you have your own mirror, the easiest way would be to get those
> bz321111 kernels in your repo.  Johnny Hughes or other CentOS devs
> need to chime in here about the plan for those kernels, but my (wild)
> guess is that those kernels stay there until they are no longer
> needed, namely until 5.2 comes out in which the NFS bug is
> (supposedly) fixed.

Well, the way I set up my mirror is by rsync'ing the entire directory
structure from one of the public mirrors.  What are the steps I would
have to run to update my local mirror to include Johnny's RPMs?  I
would also have to redo this update after every rsync.  And how will
these kernels then be automatically installed if they are in the
repo?  This does not seem to be that easy.

> Or else, depending on how soon the next kernel update comes out, you
> may want to wait for the centosplus kernel with the vesa framebuffer
> support turned on (provided the change is made in the next release).
> I will do my best in reminding Johnny of the corrections. :-)

Any chance this will happen before next Wednesday?  That's when I'm
planning to start my upgrades...

Alfred