[CentOS] vectoring IRC / Jabber logins to AD?

Tue Apr 22 02:34:09 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:39:45PM -0700, Rogelio enlightened us:
>> Excuse my ignorance (I just got crap on the #centos IRC channel for this
>> question), but is there a (easy!) way to have and IRC and/or Jabber server
>> relay a login to a Microsoft Active Directory server for authentication?
>> If there's a better question to ask this question, please point me in that
>> direction, and I'll be happy to do so
>>

> Well, you probably want to ask in a support channel for your IRC and jabber
> server software, and/or some sort of Microsoft channel.
>
> The way you've posed the question, it has nothing to do with CentOS, so I am
> unsurprised you got crap for it on IRC.

I thought one of the big deals in Centos was the ability to configure
PAM to authenticate anywhere you want and all the apps use the same
settings?  Isn't that true, or aren't there any jabber/IRC servers that
are bundled properly into the distribution?

This sounds very much like a distro-centric question to me, even if the
answer turns out to be that Centos doesn't provide that.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com