[CentOS] Isolinux disk error 20; AX=4280, drive EF

Ed Westphal enwestph at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 2 23:43:30 UTC 2008

Thanks Larry. Not even getting to a boot prompt. First time, it was
saying: 'Press any key to try again'. - gives same results.
I've been Googling the above. It seems that there are some
incompatibilities that others have reported with Isolinux? I'm wondering
if others here have seen the problem here? I know about the checksum
error thing. I've done other installs from CD's without a problem.
Thought a DVD would be a better install medium. Perhaps with my Intel
D875PBZ motherboard, there is a conflict loading ISO images? Don't know.
Haven't found any workarounds if that is indeed the case. I have the
latest Intel bios. Is there one install medium provider that most
prefer? To be sure to get good disks. I'd prefer getting a disk(s) from
someone rather than trying to burn my own. Thoughts, advice appreciated.
Thanks.