[CentOS] Isolinux disk error 20; AX=4280, drive EF

Ed Westphal enwestph at rochester.rr.com
Sun Aug 3 12:41:32 UTC 2008

Thanks Dag. I'm wondering if I'll have a similar problem with a multi CD
ROM set instead of the one DVD? The system loaded RHEL WS 3, update 4
Taroon just fine from CD's. I'm leaning towards the same issue you
mention. The large DVD ISO image is not recognizable by the system. At
the time the system was put together, there were no DVD ISO images, just
CD. The DVD ROM drive works just fine. Plays movies etc. The dual boot,
Win 2000 Pro / Red Hat system would not mount the DVD however. Win XP,
separate newer machine with a Samsung DVD reader mounts disk just fine
and reads contents before freezing. It has a Plextor 712SA DVD RW unit.
The older system has an HP DVD writer 300i. I don't recall who made the
other DVD ROM.
What do you think, could a CD ROM set solve the boot problem?