[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:36:45 UTC 2008

> We are finally going to replace our VHS-C  Camcorder, with a Digital
> Camcorder, tomorrow. Looking for suggestions,
> for Digital Video Editor to use on CentOS 5.2. Preferably, something
> in the CentOS or RPMForge repositories and easy to use. TIA!

Hi Lanny,

Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
quite sometime ago.

The only "problem" is that, because it is so powerful and feature
rich, learning curve is very steep.  I have yet to learn it myself but
I already know its capabilities through my best Linux friend who is an
expert in video editing.