[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:36:45 UTC 2008

> We are finally going to replace our VHS-C  Camcorder, with a Digital
> Camcorder, tomorrow. Looking for suggestions,
> for Digital Video Editor to use on CentOS 5.2. Preferably, something
> in the CentOS or RPMForge repositories and easy to use. TIA!

Hi Lanny,

Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
quite sometime ago.

http://cinelerra.org/

The only "problem" is that, because it is so powerful and feature
rich, learning curve is very steep.  I have yet to learn it myself but
I already know its capabilities through my best Linux friend who is an
expert in video editing.

Akemi