[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Aug 5 22:23:33 UTC 2008

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> .. We don't have Firewire so that's not a problem. ...

almost all MiniDV camcorders capture video via IEEE1394 ("Firewire"),
its the standard for the DV format.   The ones that have USB, that port
is generally used only for still photo.

DVD camcorders and hard disk camcorders use higher levels of compression
that aren't as suitable for editing as DV, however, they are less likely
to use IEEE1394.

Myself, I use Sony Vegas ($$$) on a Windows XP platform for video
capture and editing, this works extremely well and produces very high
quality results.

.