[CentOS] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Aug 10 13:31:19 UTC 2008

Rudiahlers at gmail.com wrote on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 15:00:02 +0200:

> But how
> do I fix it?

Your router is probably routing between the one subnet and outside and the
other subnet and outside, but not between the two. Easiest solution is to
do what you did: use IP in same subnet. For my Office network I usually
put all hosts I want to access from within the network on the same private
subnet. If I want to have any of them accessible via one of the public
addresses I have I add that address to the host and enable "passthru" in
the firewall.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany