[CentOS] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help

rudiahlers at gmail.com rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 13:40:14 UTC 2008

Yes, the VPS needs internet access.

So, do I need to make changes on the network firewall? Or what do I do?

I have since addes x.x.136.56 to the hom dom0, and when I nmap the
domU, I can see the IRC ports open, but I now I can't connect to them
from the internet.

But how do I tell the domU to route all traffic via then new
internface, eth0:2 (x.x.136.56)
I have added the default gw x.x.136.33 to the dom0 & the domU already

On 8/10/08, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
> Rudiahlers at gmail.com wrote on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:55:30 +0200:
>
>> How do I work with a XEN domU on a different subnet than the XEN dom0?
>
> If you just want to "work" with it, you can use xm console. If you want to
> have a network connection between the two, it's like with any other host,
> there is no difference between virtual and physical. There is no "magic"
> that connects host and guest via network. They have to have at least one
> IP address on the same subnet or a router must route between them.
>
> Kai
>
> --
> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
> Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com