[CentOS] gcc editor for newbie (Emacs or vim or ?)

Lanny Marcus

Sun Aug 10 22:04:16 UTC 2008

I downloaded the .pdf version of "Thinking in C++" and I've
begun to read that and I did
yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'   I'm a Newbie Desktop
user, jumping into the deep end of the pool. Should I try to learn
vi (Vim) (which obviously will help me, if I ever need to
administer a remote box)  or install Emacs or something else,
for the gcc editor?  An easy learning curve is strongly preferred,
but, I am 100% aware of the advantages of vi. Recommendations?
TIA!