[CentOS] WUBI like process for CentOS ?

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:30:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id> wrote:

> I think Ubuntu is targeted for desktop use and less savvy users. That's
> why they need something like Wubi for easiness. And since Centos is not
> a desktop distro (cmiiw), the users tend to be somekind of sysadmin
> which (subjectively) prefer something like vmware-server to do Centos in
> Windows. (Beside, Wubi is broken in Vista)

Hmm.  I use CentOS as my desktop OS, my laptop OS, my workdesk OS and
my work is also converting over (sometime RSN) to use CentOS as the
base OS for our application.

To repeat what has been said before (right here!): CentOS is just like
RHEL, an enterprise Linux distribution, suitable for anything from
laptops to desktops to enterprise-wide networked multi-server
machines.

I use vmware server to run Windows on CentOS.  (I will withhold my
personal opinion of using vmware-server to run anything on Windows, or
even just run /anything/ on Windows at all, other than that which does
not run anywhere else.)

mhr