[CentOS] Missing fonts for tightvnc

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:48:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 14:53, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> Font directory '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc' not found - ignoring (then
> the same message for Speedo, Type1, 75dpi, and 100dpi).
> Then a fatel server error about: could not open default fount 'fixed'

>From the path, I'm assuming you are using CentOS 4, since on CentOS 5
the fonts are located under /usr/share/X11/fonts instead.

On an installation of CentOS 4 I have, all the files under that
directory belong to the "fonts-xorg-base" package, so you might try
starting with that one. Looking at fonts.alias inside misc, I believe
the name "fixed" is going to be aliased to a font in that directory,
so this should fix your problem.

If that still does not fix your problem, then try installing
"fonts-xorg-100dpi" and "fonts-xorg-75dpi" as well.

HTH,
Filipe