[CentOS] can't get Ethernet SNMP information

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Aug 13 13:36:30 UTC 2008

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> Mine returns 6861 entries:
>

> snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost .1 | wc -l
>
> 6861

And cacti still doesn't see the interfaces? Did you change
the snmpd.conf after adding the device into cacti? Cacti
doesn't automatically pick up new devices, you have to tell it
to re-issue the SNMP query. In the device page for the server
click on the little green circle, I think that's the link that
tells cacti to re-scan the device.

My cacti consoles aren't easily accessible from where I'm at
so I can't verify exactly right now.

I've never seen cacti not pick up the interfaces when
the SNMP permissions are correct. And it sounds like yours
are fine, at least right now.

nate