[CentOS] Firewall/Proxy with time window access control

Lunix1618

lunix1618 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:26:07 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have to setup a system that required to block users access internet in
work time but let them access internet on specified time window e.g
lunch time.

I plan to use iptables and squid to do block and web caching but I have
no idea how to control access on time frame. Could any one of you
experienced with this can give some starting point /document/howto start
reading ?

My firewal/proxy box will be CentOS 5.2 so I prefer something that can
install via yum/rpm

Thanks in advance!