[CentOS] file manager over ssh

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 09:29:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Linux Man <linuxman.uru at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I need to copy several file from one PC to another over Internet, both
> using CentOS.
> What file manager that works over console do you recommend me?
> Thanks at all
> Best Regards

scp is the easiest in this regard. It runs over SSH, so your data is secure
- especially if it's over the open internet.

The commands are as follows: scp user1 at otherhost:/home/user1/myfile .

This assumes user1 is a user on that machine, and has SSH access. The file
/home/user1/myfile will be copied to the current folder - denoted by the dot
( . )

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers