[CentOS] centos on intel D945GCLF board

Toshaan Bharvani toshaan at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:39:39 UTC 2008

Janez Ko�mrlj wrote:
I tried
yum update and it doesn't work with the newest kernel either. That's
why I'm asking about a test kernel.

Brett Serkez wrote:

  On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Janez
Ko�mrlj <janezkosmr at volja.net> wrote:

    I know that disabling the LAN in BIOS
works. The problem is that I need the

on-board card, since I am trying to build a home router and I need 2

cards for that. And the board has only one PCI slot.

I had a similar problem with a similar Intel� MB, it didn't crash at

boot, but randomly crashed at run-time.

With the LAN disabled, I did a yum update and then was able to

re-enable the LAN with a newer kernel.� The system has been stable for

several weeks with the newer kernel.

CentOS mailing list

CentOS at centos.org

CentOS mailing list

CentOS at centos.org

if your /sbin/lspci output looks like this please try the following :

Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor
Co., Ltd. RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller(rev 01)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device d607
add the rpmforge repo (instructions here :

then run : yum install dkms-r1000

reboot and hope it works

otherwise just download the intel linux driver from the website and
compile manually against your kernel

I hope to receive mine somewhere next week, will try then again and let
you know