[CentOS] RE: Adaptec 2820 & 2gig+ partitions

Brian Marshall bm at smiz.biz
Wed Aug 20 23:19:01 UTC 2008

The controller is 8 channel SATA 300. That's not the problem. The
problem is getting the OS to mount a 4TB array after the initial
install of the OS. We had a 1.5 TB on there for a few years and never
had this problem with arrays under 2 TB.

The os installer can create a partition and format during the install,
but once it's done and reboots it can't mount the device.