[CentOS] Per-user limits for port access

Sergey Podushkin posev at sibmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:58:17 UTC 2008

Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> Is there a way to limit port access on a per-user basis? My practical goal
> is to limit, who is allowed to use SMTP AUTH in Sendmail. Any possible
> solutions appreciated...
>
> Obviously, limiting by ip will not work, since the very purpose of SMTP AUTH
> is to enable mail relaying for trusted users from *anywhere*.
You could use new ability of milter-greylist (from 4.0 version), that
provides method to limit connections by any criteria, such as remote ip,
sender/recipient address, authentication status and many more.
You could extend configuration by using external helper, that can be
reached by, for example, ldap or http protocols.