[CentOS] perl

Mad Unix madunix at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:41:06 UTC 2008

Am trying to install ftpsync-1.2.33, prerequisite
[root at PowerEdge1 ftpsync-1.2.33]# cat README | grep ::
- File::Find, IO::Handle
- Net::FTP
- File::Listing

[root at PowerEdge1 ~]# perl -version

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

cpan[2]> install File::Find
Running install for module 'File::Find'
The most recent version "1.12" of the module "File::Find"
is part of the perl-5.10.0 distribution. To install that, you need to run
  force install File::Find   --or--
  install R/RG/RGARCIA/perl-5.10.0.tar.gz
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
Failed during this command:
 RGARCIA/perl-5.10.0.tar.gz                   : make NO isa perl

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Mad Unix wrote:
>
>  Am still not able to install Find_File....
>>

> if i may ask, why do you need to install this module?  as was noted above,
> it's already part of perl.  do you know for certain that you need a newer
> version of File::Find than is already installed?
>
> -steve
>
> --
> If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable
> fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v

Your search - madunix - did not match any documents.