[CentOS] perl

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Aug 21 16:10:20 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > > dag has a script that does just this.
> > can you post a link?  i've just been searching dag's site and
> > rpmrepo.org for a while, and i can't find any such script.  this
> > would be very useful to me as well.
>
> Here we go:
> http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/tools/dar/dar-perl.py
>
> I am sure Dag will appreciate feedback and info on the script.

I grabbed the file and tried it out to see what it would do.  It dumped
what looked like a spec file and then gave an error.

$ ./dar-perl.py Compress::Zlib

[normal spec information snipped]

%files
%defattr(-, root, root, 0755)
%doc Changes MANIFEST META.yml README examples/
%doc %{_mandir}/man3/Compress::Zlib.3pm*
%dir %{perl_vendorlib}/Compress/
#%{perl_vendorlib}/Compress/Zlib/
%{perl_vendorlib}/Compress/Zlib.pm

%changelog
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./dar-perl.py", line 679, in ?
    print >>out, '* %s %s - %s-1' % (time.strftime('%a %b %d %Y',
time.localtime()), authorities[logname], version)
KeyError: 'bowieb'
$

Any idea what happened here?

What exactly is this program supposed to do?  Can someone give me an
example of how to use it to install a Perl module and its dependencies?

--
Bowie