[CentOS] OT: Google Earth, v.4.3.7284.3916 (beta) on CentOS 5.2 (32 bit)

Sat Aug 23 19:05:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 6:46 AM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 20:00 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> <snip>
>> I tried to install google-earth with yum but either that isn't the
>> name of the package or it is not available in the Google repository.
>> Then, I did some reading on the Google site. Question: How do I
>> determine whether or not the CPU in this box (I think it's an Intel
>> Celeron 2.6 GHz) supports SSE2 or not? I suspect the CPU does *not*
>> support SSE2.   Posting some information below:

> cat /proc/cpuinfo

Bill: The data are below. There is a flag for sse2. Does that mean
this CPU supports SSE2 or not? If it does support SSE2, that gives me
a mystery, about why the latest version of Google Earth wouldn't run
properly.   Lanny

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 2591.741
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe up cid
bogomips        : 5185.86

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$