[CentOS] Getting IP in installer

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Aug 23 22:50:45 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> How does one acquire an IP when in the ctr-alt-F2 console of the installer
> just
> as it begins? I must be doing something wrong, but I need to acquire one
> from the
> server before I start the installation.

What are you trying to achieve? If your trying to get an IP
before the installation starts, you should use DHCP, or
statically assign it using kickstart.

Last I checked, you couldn't get to the shell on ctrl-alt-f2 during
the installation before the network configuration took place. The
shell only becomes available after the anaconda installer fires up
(which is after it loads the network drivers, network config, and
local disk drivers).

nate