[CentOS] Second Xen NIC not being recognized?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Aug 25 16:38:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, August 25, 2008 11:21, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>>Both NICs show up in the Xen hardware details display.
>>Looking at dmesg output from rebooting the domU, I see both eth0 and eth1
>>appearing there.
>
> By chance did you set the macs manually? Are they valid, look for a typo?
> I recall hearing about this behavior in lieu of that mistake.

I set the second one manually; copied the first one and added one.

vif = [ "mac=00:16:3e:5b:44:5f,bridge=pubbr",
"mac=00:16:3e:5b:44:60,bridge=virtbr"  ]

Interfaces are associated with both bridges properly, but only an eth0
device appears in the domU.

If the low-order bits are magic in a MAC, then maybe my second one is an
invalid, but I don't find any documentation of such; the low two bits of
the *first* byte have meanings, but I haven't touched them.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info