[CentOS] Help me

Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd spiro at knossos.net.nz
Wed Aug 27 03:41:21 UTC 2008

> ISPConfig or anything but it was my net drivers but after installing the
> proper once I didn't got that problem ever again. So that's why I gave him
> this solution. And the other thing if you know more or a better way just
> tall him don't try to correct others ok.

Because your solution was likely for a specific network card, which
incidentally you didn't inform us as to what that was. Neither did the
OP give any indication as to what his network card is, so your
recommendation based on the information given, was wrong and dangerous.

The correct thing to do is not give the guy rubbish answers, but to ask
him more questions so that we can make a reasonable assessment of what
is actually happening before we can determine what is wrong.

Perhaps his card is not plugged in right. Perhaps he has a loose cable.
Perhaps there's a port on his switch that's intermittently failing,
perhaps there's a cron job to shut down the network card. Perhaps some
firewall rules are being activated or disabled stopping a service from
running. Perhaps SELinux is blocking something. Perhaps any number of
other things.

Is the network card actually being deactivated, or is he just not able
to talk to a service? We don't know. He hasn't given us enough info yet.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz