[CentOS] OT - Offline uncorrectable sectors

Nifty Cluster Mitch niftycluster at niftyegg.com
Wed Aug 27 16:02:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 04:02:22PM +0200, Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
> William L. Maltby ha scritto:
> >From "man badblocks":
> >
> > -n     Use non-destructive read-write mode.  By  default  only  a  non-
> >        destructive  read-only  test  is  done.  This option must not be
> >        combined with the -w option, as they are mutually exclusive.
> >
> > Note the phrase beginning with "By default only...". I'll admit it could
> > be more clearly stated.
> >
> The Italian translation of the man page is outdated... I guess I sould stick
> with the original version of man pages, or at least remember to check them.

Consider filing a bug --
One goal for the user community is to turn the old phrase RTFM
to be "Read The Fine Manual".... in contrast to the historic profanity.

You can file it against either the English, the Italian translation
or both.

As an alternative you can post a difference file to a list like
this for discussion and ask ONE person to help you file the bug.

Translations are commonly not done by the maintainer so a bug can be
the best path.   If you need help with the mechanics of filing a bug
ask...

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Got a great hat... now what.