[CentOS] Unable to install CentOS 5.2 on New HP Intel Core 2 Quad

Michael Peterson

mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Wed Aug 27 21:54:22 UTC 2008

Our new lab has HP Intel Core 2 Quad systems with DVD/CDRW and SATA.
I can provide the model number if needed.

They stop on kernel startup when trying to boot the CentOS 5.2 boot CD.
It is during ACPI.

I have tried linux noprobe and linux pci=noacpi and linux noprobe
pci=noacpi.

I still cannot get to the first install screen.

Fedora 10 Live will not but up either.

I am using Fedora 9 from Live and DVD Install to teach a fall class and it
works fine.

Would CentOS 5.3 possibly work once it is released?