[CentOS] Unable to install CentOS 5.2 on New HP Intel Core 2 Quad

Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd spiro at knossos.net.nz
Wed Aug 27 22:23:30 UTC 2008

> They stop on kernel startup when trying to boot the CentOS 5.2 boot CD.
> It is during ACPI.
> Fedora 10 Live will not but up either.
> I am using Fedora 9 from Live and DVD Install to teach a fall class and it
> works fine.

Are the CentOS and fed 10 DVDs of a similar type, and different to the
DVD you used with fed 9?

Or is your CentOS on CDs?

A common problem I have is that some DVD drives really don't like some
brands of disc. Some have issues with DVD-R's, some have issues with
DVD+R's, some seem to be completely random.

ymmv, but if the failing discs are the same brand, it's probably your
cheapest quickest solution to reburn on a different brand and see if
that helps.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz