[CentOS] loading modules across reboots

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Aug 28 16:43:18 UTC 2008

>Really, it depends on when this module is needed. If it's for a scsi
>controller, or other critical system disk, it needs to be in the
>initrd. If it can be loaded after the system is mostly running
>(network devices, usb bits, etc) then it can be slapped in other
>module locations. What sort of module is blkbk?

They are used in Xen. I need netbk, xenblk, blktap, blkbk, and netloop.
If I modprobe them from the console, then start a vm everything is groovy
so I am sure when they load isn't an issue especially if they can handle
early loading with my custom initrd.

Was my modprobe.conf syntax right?

Thanks for all your help!
jlc