[CentOS] syslog-ng

Jeremiah Heller jeremiah at itmustbe.com
Fri Aug 29 11:36:43 UTC 2008

Have you heard of http://www.ossec.net/?

It would do what you like and more. You configure which logs you want
watched and who should be emailed/texted/paged according to various
levels of criticality.

I believe you can have it email you for custom log-events; although it
will notice many common failure messages and other anomalies
automatically - so many I haven't needed to modify much.

I'm not sure if centos provides packages w/ similar functionality or
not.

Jeremiah