[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Aug 29 12:58:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Robert wrote:

> We might be entering "first liar don't have a chance"
> territory here.  Do you remember where you were when Kennedy
> was shot?

sadly, yes

> I was in the last Ramac 305 class ever held, on
> lunch break and had watched the motorcade pass from a
> lunchroom window.  Needless to say, we didn't talk about
> triggers, cathode followers or "bit carries" (deliver me!)
> in class that afternoon. It has been an interesting trip,
> eh?

Reading closely the rest of the thread, I 'programmed'
plugboards on 5xx series unit record machines, ran 026, 027,
and 029's; ran the 13 pocket sorter; later wrote tape and
print spooling deivers for our 1401, and all that.  I don't
miss them either.

you win  ;)  -- I don't want to be older, and in my head, I'm
still in my twenties.

- R