[CentOS] rc.local

Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd spiro at knossos.net.nz
Sun Aug 31 22:53:50 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:
> I note that there are two 'rc.local' files. One is in /etc and the other
> in /etc/rc.d   Which has precedence and is the one to use? Thanks, Ric

if you do an 'ls -lad /etc/rc.local', what do you get?

Mine's a symlink to rc.d/rc.local. The rc.d directory is where the
startup stuff should all be for the bootup scripts. I don't know why one
would be in etc, but if you've got two separate files, the one in /etc
is probably going to be ignored (at least I would hope so).

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz