[CentOS] Question about Open SSH Public Keys

Mon Aug 11 03:50:38 UTC 2008
Clint Dilks <clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz>

Hi People

I am setting up some systems with ssh public keys and as part of this I
am using the from directive inside .ssh/authorized_keys.  Currently I am
using the IP address to control the source.  eg from="10.0.0.1" but on
one CentOS 4 System that is up to date this will only work if I replace
the IP with the DNS name of the server.  I have verified that DNS is
resolving the DNS Name to the correct IP address on the server in
question and all seems to be fine.

Aside from this CentOS Box have only been able to test this out on some
old FC6 Machines
 and they behave as I expected.  Anyone got any ideas why this might be
happening ?  I have compared the sshd config between the FC6 Machines
and the CentOS Box and can't spot anything that would explain the issue.

Thanks for any ideas, and have a nice day :)