[CentOS] Please help: The process of am-utils map key lookup

Tue Aug 12 21:15:47 UTC 2008
Robinson Tiemuqinke <hahaha_30k at yahoo.com>

Hi,

 I am using am-utils(amd binary daemon) to auto mount home directories. the mounting process seems working fine but I am still not understand how the amd map key(s) lookup process works.

 I've carefully read the am-utils(amd) document at http://am-utils.org/docs/am-utils/am-utils_8.html, especially the chapter "3.2 How keys are looked up" but am still not clear. For example, I'd like to access /home/dumbboy/files/deleteme, what is the key to be used, and how the lookup/match happens? and how the mount operations happens? Thanks a lot.

 I've attached my configuration files below:

$ cat /etc/amd.conf
auto_dir =              /.amd_mnt
map_type =              file
search_path =           /etc
[ /home ]
map_name =              amd.home

$ cat /etc/amd.home
/defaults type:=nfs;sublink:=${key};opts:=rw,intr,tcp,nfsvers=3,vers=3,nosuid,nodev,noresvport,rsize=16384,wsize=16384;fs:=${autodir}/${rhost}${rfs}
dumbboy rhost:=home111;rfs:=/0/export/home
* rhost:=home110;rfs:=/0/export/home

Thanks.