[CentOS] ks

Wed Aug 13 12:47:48 UTC 2008
tony.chamberlain at lemko.com <tony.chamberlain at lemko.com>

I made a file partition-ks.cfg and put it in our machine 192.168.5.17
under /var/www/html.  When I install a new machine I just do a

     linux ks=http://192.168.5.17/partition-ks.cfg

I have a couple questions though:

1) I have the following in it:

     clearpart --all
     part /boot --fstype ext3 --size=100
     part /var --fstype ext3 --size=10000
     part / --fstype ext3 --size=10000
     part swap --size=2048
     part /home --fstype ext3 --size=100 --grow

which is OK if I am installing over a previous installation.  But for new
machines it does not seem to recognize the "clearpart" or it is not enough
because I am still prompted whether I want to remove partitions.  Should I
be using something else?

2) I would like to duplicate the CentOS installation disk and place
partition-ks.cfg on the disk too so that during boot it automatically
is used (or barring that I can still say ks=<dvd drive>/partition-ks.cfg.
Automatically would be better.  I tried some ways I thought it said to
do that but it did not work.  Any tips?