[CentOS] Re: DRBD 8.2 crashes CentOS 5.2 on rsync from remote host

Wed Aug 13 18:32:22 UTC 2008
Jed Reynolds <lists at bitratchet.com>

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 8-14-2008 12:55 AM Chris Miller spake the following:
>> nate wrote:
>>>>

>>> [..]
>>>
>>> This typically means bad RAM
>>
>> While I won't rule this out, my local hardware vendor does a 48 hour
>> burn-in
> When the servers are shipped to you, do you open them and make sure
> all modules are seated completely, and haven't been dislodged by the
> shipping?

+1 on hardware issues...I won't name names, but once recently I ordered
two identical systems and I had to send one of them back FOUR times: two
bad raid controllers, bad ram, and bad motherboard. This was all started
about 4 weeks into production. I don't know if the vendor was actually
doing burn-in, but I've seen pleny of damage from shipping. Do your own
memory testing and line up another (nearly identical) server to verify
the problem.

Good luck,

Jed