[CentOS] Disabling IPv4

Mon Aug 18 14:46:15 UTC 2008

I want to seriously work with IPv6 and not have stray IPv4 functions
messing with me.

So in /etc/sysconfig/network, I commented out NETWORKING=yes.  I have
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes.

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts I altered ifcfg-eth0, setting
BOOTPROTO=none.  That was enough for eth0 to only have IPv6 working on
it (have IPV6INIT=yes and IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes).

But lo had IPv4.  So I commented out all of the IPV4 lines in ifcfg-lo.
Still have IPv4 on lo.  How do I disable that?

Yes, I did an service network restart after changing ifcfg-lo.