[CentOS] Second Xen NIC not being recognized?

Mon Aug 25 15:59:08 UTC 2008
David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>

I've got a Xen domU running Centos 5.2 (dom0 is also Centos 5.2) with two
NICs configured.  Both NICs show up in the Xen hardware details display.
Looking at dmesg output from rebooting the domU, I see both eth0 and eth1
appearing there.  But network configuration only knows about eth0, the one
that was installed originally (eth1 was added later).  There's options to
create another NIC in network configuration, but "xen virtual ethernet"
isn't one of the hardware types I can choose, and choosing the default
doesn't give me anything that works.

Should I try reinstalling the domU with the NIC already in place?  But
even if that works -- shouldn't it be possible to add a piece of hardware
to a system and have it recognized on reboot?

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info