[CentOS] RADVD address timeouts

Wed Aug 27 20:13:27 UTC 2008

I am using RADVD to assign IPv6 addresses.  It works for 'static' devices.

I want it to work for devices that move to different networks without
having to restart the network on those devices.  So if I have a notebook
on network Lab1 getting prefix 2607:7:4:1::64 and moves to network Lab2
where RADVD advertises prefix 2607:7:4:2::/64, I want the host to switch
to the new address.  This is NOT for MobileIP.

Right now I get the new global address, but the old address never goes
away.  I have tried setting AdvPreferredLifetime, but that has not helped.