[CentOS] Logrotate is not happing without -f option

Fri Aug 1 06:57:34 UTC 2008
Balaji <balajisundar at midascomm.com>

I have tried with the following command
logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.conf
I am getting the following message on the screen
renaming /backup/remotebkp/log/bkpstatus.log to
/backup/log/corview//bkpstatus.log.1
creating new log mode = 0644 uid = 910 gid = 910
error: unable to open /backup/log/corview//bkpstatus.log.1 for compression

What is the error and can you explain me

Regards
-S.Balaji