[CentOS] DVD Burner

Fri Aug 1 12:20:34 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Mad Unix wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> John R Pierce wrote:

>>>   # cdrecord dev=6,0,0 yourfile.iso
>>>
>>> will burn a dvd-r in data mode with the specified .iso file.  you can
>>> build .iso files with mkisofs from regular files.
>>>
>>> see...
>>>
>>>   # man cdrecord
>>>   # man mkisofs
>>>
>>> for more options
>>>
>> also, since the system sees the device already, if you have a GUI Desktop
>> installed on the 2950, you can use k3b to create ISOs.

You top posted, ... I fixed it for you :D

 > I want to use mondo to do full images of my system on DVD's ...

anyway, I do not use mondo, BUT it looks like they have RPMS that should
work w/centos5 here:

http://mondorescue.muskokamug.org/rhel/5/

After following their instructions for installing:

http://www.mondorescue.org/docs/mondorescue-howto/installation.html

you should be able to just use the DVD command from here:

http://www.mondorescue.org/docs/mondoarchive.8.html

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes