[CentOS] File system goes read-only once in a while

Fri Aug 1 15:45:38 UTC 2008
Mufit Eribol <hme at onart.com.tr>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> touch /forcefsck
>
> and reboot. This will cause all filesystems to be checked with fsck
> after the reboot.
I did it several times. Unfortunately, it couldn't fix the problem. I
still get the following errors and the system goes "read only" after a
couple of minutes.

EXT3-fs warning (device dm-0): ext3_clear_journal_err: Filesystem error
recorded from previous mount: IO failure
EXT3-fs warning (device dm-0): ext3_clear_journal_err: Marking fs in
need of filesystem check.
EXT3-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
EXT3 FS on dm-0, internal journal
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.

It seem formatting the /mnt/raid is the way to go. However, i have to
move /mnt/raid/var to /var first. / is on another hard disk and there is
space available. there are lots of programs use var lively. How can I
move /mnt/raid/var to /var.

TIA,
Mufit