[CentOS] Quation about CentOS 4 xenU kernel

Fri Aug 1 16:34:49 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Johnny Hughes wrote on Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:45:43 -0500:

> maybe that modules.conf file came from a normal machine and not the xen
> machine.

No, but it's not the problem anyway, I didn't think about the initrd at
first.
I used the last CentOS 4 image that jailtime.org distributed (CentoS 4.5)
as base for this VM. Then copied over almost all stuff from the physical
machine while having an eye on the wiki article
(http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/MoveNative2DomU) and making a very few
modifications.
The VM is now working well, but I can't upgrade the kernel. I'm stuck with
2.6.9-67.ELxenU which probably is the kernel from the Jailtime image (and
uses a custom initrd that came with it I suppose, I don't remember
creating one back then, but maybe I did). If I attempt to make a new
initrd it barks about the missing ata_piix module which indeed was not
installed with that kernel. How can I get this module? Can I just copy it
over from 2.6.9-67.0.22.EL to the 2.6.9-67.0.15.ELxenU tree and then build
my new initrd?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany